16 replies to this topic

#1 The Money $hot

The Money $hot

Major

• Sponsors
  • 2,061 posts
  • Interests:Mapper of dod_twin_rivers

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:34 AM

Ok, so last night/evening I am enjoying a game of DOD with Buzz, Bear, lil brik, gutbomb, and foggy. The map ends and everything is ok then nothing. Its like it got "stuck" or something. Since then I have rebooted, and unplugged the monitor. I have also unplugged the video card, started the machine without the card shut it back down and plugged the card back in. All with the same result. I crank it up and the keyboard doesnt seem to be there, (no lights on keyboard) and the video wont come up. I dont hear any windows music either??

So whatcha think of that? blink.gif
"BEER IS FOOD TOO!" money $hot

Bone " I think my new video card just left skid marks on your Twin Rivers map Money!"

#2 bear

bear

bear stealth mode enabled

• Sponsors
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, IDPA, Multi-Gun, photography, computers, motorcycling.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

ack

Edited by bear, 05 September 2009 - 10:04 AM.

"Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean. Cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

#3 bear

bear

bear stealth mode enabled

• Sponsors
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, IDPA, Multi-Gun, photography, computers, motorcycling.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

Any other cards that it could be? Sound card, memory, etc. Try removing them one at a time until their all gone or the problem is gone. Did you kick the computer out of frustration? smile.gif Was there a power surge/dip or lightening or anything at that time? Do the hard drives spin up?

Is there power at all?
"Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean. Cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

#4 itsmyfirstday!!

itsmyfirstday!!

Major

• Sponsors
  • 1,679 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Harleys, whitewater rafting, drinking, nudie bars and dod:S

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:41 PM

Yeah what Bear said...

1. do any fans spin?
2. drives spool up??
3. try the mobo video port instead of your video card
4. is it plugged in

good luck,

fd

Intel I7 4770K 3.5 Overclocked to 4.4Ghz, Win 7 Pro, 2 Nvidia GTX 680 OC in SLI, 32gb 12800 DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Memory, Asus Z87 Motherboard, 2 x 1T 7200 Drives in Raid 0, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler,Sound Blaster Z PCIe Sound card, 3 x 23"monitors,Cooler Master Silent Pro M - 1000W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply, Astro A50 Headphones and mic, Razer Blackwidow mechanical keyboard, Razer Deathadder mouse,SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)

#5 The Money $hot

The Money $hot

Major

• Sponsors
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Sorry for the lack of details fellers.

Yes, every thing spins, sings, laughs and plays just as if its gonna work.

No, no lightning or any other significant event. Just waiting for a map change and poof. Thats why I think something is hung up..... like its waiting to complete something before it can move on...

aint tried the mobo video port yet.

Edited by The Money $hot, 05 September 2009 - 03:28 PM.

Bone " I think my new video card just left skid marks on your Twin Rivers map Money!"

#6 itsmyfirstday!!

itsmyfirstday!!

Major

• Sponsors
  • 1,679 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Harleys, whitewater rafting, drinking, nudie bars and dod:S

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

does the sound start to loop?? if so could be a heat issue....

fd

Intel I7 4770K 3.5 Overclocked to 4.4Ghz, Win 7 Pro, 2 Nvidia GTX 680 OC in SLI, 32gb 12800 DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Memory, Asus Z87 Motherboard, 2 x 1T 7200 Drives in Raid 0, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler,Sound Blaster Z PCIe Sound card, 3 x 23"monitors,Cooler Master Silent Pro M - 1000W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply, Astro A50 Headphones and mic, Razer Blackwidow mechanical keyboard, Razer Deathadder mouse,SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)

#7 The Money $hot

The Money $hot

Major

• Sponsors
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

Well no, no sound. I think that there is some kind of loop issue. You see when the map changed last night thats when it just stopped.

#8 itsmyfirstday!!

itsmyfirstday!!

Major

• Sponsors
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

can you get safe mode to work?? ( press F8 while rebooting)

fd

#9 Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:21 PM

I would start with the RAM, try it a stick at a time and see what happens. Any chance there are any system beeps when you first turn it on?

#10 The Money $hot

The Money $hot

Major

• Sponsors
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:16 PM

No sorry Neb it just cranks up like its ready but then nothing. Just the way it was when the problem first started.

#11 Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

Did you get a chance to try the on board video to rule out the video card.

I do not expect this to work, but unplug it, and hold the power button down for about 30 secs, plug it back in and see what happens...Good Luck

I am afraid that your options may be running out, and the diagnosis may not be pretty. I would almost go so far to say you have a Mother board issue...

#12 ShadowSpawnOFCS

ShadowSpawnOFCS

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Woodworking

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

Had a similar weird issue the other night; was playing Dawn of War and suddenly video went out and everything stopped responding. I had to unplug it and when I plugged it back in, no video. I ended up swapping out video cards and it worked. Out of curiosity I then swapped the original back in and to my surprise, everything is back to normal! No clue what it was...
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come. -- Matt Groening

#13 sgtrock56

sgtrock56

Sergeant

• Sponsors
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:55 AM

I had that problem mine was the video card,I would be playing and it would lock up and not respond to keyboard command Iwould do a hard reboot and it would be fine.I ended the issue with a new video card

#14 ShadowSpawnOFCS

ShadowSpawnOFCS

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Woodworking

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(ShadowSpawnOFCS @ Sep 9 2009, 03:26 PM) View Post
Had a similar weird issue the other night; was playing Dawn of War and suddenly video went out and everything stopped responding. I had to unplug it and when I plugged it back in, no video. I ended up swapping out video cards and it worked. Out of curiosity I then swapped the original back in and to my surprise, everything is back to normal! No clue what it was...

For me turned out the fan on the video card was dying; took it two or three times to actually give me the message so I didn't think it was just the video game copy protection that causes Vista64 to blue screen every other day (acedrv08.sys -- [expletive avoided...barely]. New fan mounted and I can now play games less than 6 years old again wink.gif
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come. -- Matt Groening

#15 The Money $hot

The Money $hot

Major

• Sponsors
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

Ok so the other day, just prior to buying the new laptop. I pulled the video card out of the computer in question. Hooked up the monitor to the motherboard and she is running. I may buy a video card for the machine later or I may wait until after first of the year and just get a frag wagon. Mean while I just want to stay connected to the rest of the world.