• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fudgeums

fudgeums

Captain

• Sponsors
  • 945 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:55 PM

Hopefully someone will have an answer for this, randomly when my computer boots up and I go to click on the task bar to open the start menu or another application and it will not respond. I've tried running scans, antivirus, etc. I usually have to reboot the computer but sometimes I'll have to do this 2 or 3 times before it'll start working. Anybody have any ideas of what is causing this and how to fix it?

#2 Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck

First Lieutenant

• Sponsors
  • 407 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

If you just let it sit, will it ever come up? How 'bout changing the properties to 'Lock Taskbar'? No real solution but may avoid the annoyance.

Cheers.
Gorman: Apone! Look... we can't have any firing in there. I, uh... I want you to collect magazines from everybody.
Frost: What the hell are we supposed to use man? Harsh language?

#3 Bat21

Bat21

General Admin

• Admin
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:23 AM

can you do a ctl-alt-del to get the task manager up? if so, check out which processes are using lots of cpu.

as usual, i will defer to bone for the expert advice.

btw, i saw bone on one of the servers late night recently.

#4 Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

As they asked is it locking up completely, or can you Ctl-atl-del? Or can you use the short cuts on the desktop. Things like that?

#5 fudgeums

fudgeums

Captain

• Sponsors
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

Yes I can still warm boot and use desktop icons but I never thought to see which processes are running.